My name is Illya King. I am a student at Portland Community College who is in the process of attaining my AAS in Web Development and Design. This WordPress instance is the final project for CAS-111W-0-24466 – Beg Website Design: WordPress.
WordPress has been a hobby CMS of mine for several years. I began to use it for Web Development in 2008. Since then, WordPress has grown and now powers 30% of The Internet. It is vital that I take my interest in WordPress to a professional level.
The plugins installed are:
- Akismet Anti-Spam– a spam blocking plugin.
- bbPress– a forum software with a twist from the creators of WordPress.
- Cloudflare– Cloudflare speeds up and protects your WordPress site.
- Contact Form 7– Simple but flexible contact form.
- Contact Form 7 Captcha– Add No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7 using shortcode.
- Custom Login Page Customizer– Customize your login page straight from your WordPress Customizer.
- Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP
- Gutenberg– Block editor for WP posts.
- Health Check & Troubleshooting- Checks the health of a WordPress install.
- Hello Nacho– A parody of Automattic’s Hello Dolly plugin.
- Health Check & Troubleshooting
- iThemes Security– Easy-to-use WordPress security plugin.
- JetPack– adding WordPress.com cloud services to my self-hosted WordPress. Jetpack enables users to connect a blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users.
- Login No Captcha reCAPTCHA (Google)- Adds a Google CAPTCHA checkbox to the login, registration, and forgot password forms, thwarting automated hacking attempts
- Regenerate Thumbnails– Regenerate the thumbnails for one or more of your image uploads. Useful when changing their sizes or your theme.
- Shortpixel Image Optimizer– Optimizes images automatically.
- Slideshow– plugin to showcase photos in a slideshow presentation. No longer active.
- SSL Insecure Content Fixer- Clean up WordPress website HTTPS insecure content
- Unyson– Ad rag & drop framework that comes with built-in extensions. Necessary for the theme to work.
- Wordfence Security– Anti-Virus, Firewall, and Malware Scanner.
- WP Dashboard Notes– Create post-it notes on dashboard.
- WP External Links– Open external links in a new tab or window, control “nofollow” and “noopener”, set font icon; SEO friendly.
- WP GDPR Compliance– This plugin assists website and webshop owners to comply with European privacy regulations known as GDPR. By May 24th, 2018 your website or shop has to comply to avoid large fines.
- WP Legal Pages– Add legal pages and disclaimers to websites.
- WP Super Cache– Caching plugin by Automattic.
- WP User Avatar– Use any image for a custom avatar.
- WP Sweep– Clean up unused, orphaned, or duplicate data.
- Yoast SEO– All-in-one SEO plugin. Enable AMP on your WordPress site, the WordPress way.
Last updated: June 18, 2020.